The Nikon D3000 digital SLR camera is an affordable answer for users looking to experience the superiority of digital SLR photography or enthusiasts seeking a capable, compact D-SLR.
The 10.2-megapixel D3000 has few features that make it easier for taking great pictures, including the new Guide Mode, which lends helping hand to smarter new D-SLR users, and extensive Retouch Menu, allows consumers to edit photos, even without a computer. The Nikon D3000, which offers an 11-point autofocus system, also leverages proven Nikon D-SLR technologies, including the exclusive EXPEED™ image processing, Active D-Lighting system and 3D Color Matrix Metering II, enabling entry-level D-SLR shooters to take stunning pictures
The Nikon D3000 offers everyone the ability to discover the superiority of D-SLR photography at an affordable price point. We look forward to enabling more consumers to explore the possibilities of D-SLR picture taking and, more importantly, capture life’s memories faithfully.
The Nikon D3000 replaces Nikon D60. There are three major upgrade of D3000 from D60. There are 11 Auto focus system with dynamic tracking and 3D tracking. This AF system is the same as Nikon mid-range/enthusiast camera, D90. Also, the LCD screen has been enlarged to 3 inches from 2.5 inches.
The new Nikon D3000 provides an easy path fantastic photos. It combines proven technology with easy to use interface Creating affordable, accessible entry level D-SLR camera.
The screen resolution remains the same at 230,000 dots. Also new is the guide mode, this new mode works as a your trainer on basic photography. It helps you set up your camera, in the same time, it tells you about basic photography setting and concepts. Other than that, everything looks the same, buttons, placement, viewfinder and image quality/resolution.
Nikon D3000 Key Features
- 10.2 effective megapixel DX-format CCD sensor (total pixels: 10.7 million)
- 3.0″ LCD monitor (230,000 dots)
- Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
- 11 AF points (with 3D tracking)
- IS0 100-1600 range (3200 expanded)
- 3 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
- Expeed image processing
- Picture Styles – image parameters consistent with all current Nikon DSLRs
- ‘Miniature effect’ mock-tilt/shift effect as retouch option
- Higher capacity battery from D5000
- 72 thumbnail and calendar view in playback